To disseminate information on Philippine foreign policy and diplomacy, the Foreign Service Institute publishes books and other reading materials and distributes them to both Houses of Congress, offices of the DFA, Philippine foreign service posts, national government agencies, embassies in Manila, libraries of local universities, schools and colleges, and other research institutions.
The Publications Section regularly publishes books and series on international relations and strategic studies, analyses on various foreign affairs issues, and collections of monographs to introduce readers to issues on Philippine foreign policy and international relations.
Recent and notable FSI publications are the following:
1. FSI Perspectives (upcoming): a publication that provides a platform for the ventilation and discussion of issues in international relations, foreign policy, diplomacy, and global social issues to promote Philippine foreign policy to the general public. Papers submitted to this series come from participants of the Foreign Service Officers Cadetship Course, Filipino diplomats and foreign service personnel both retired and in active duty, international relations practitioners and researchers, and other scholars in the social sciences.
2. CIRSS Horizons: a biannual publication of the Center for International Relations and Strategic Studies (CIRSS) that compiles studies on various and current international relations issues.
3. West Philippine Sea Arbitration Updates: regular newsletter-type publication that contains the statements of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs on the actions taken by the Philippines with regard to the case it had filed in the Arbitral Tribunal.
4. FSI Insights: publication of the Center for International Relations and Strategic Studies (CIRSS) that features in-depth analyses of global and regional strategic issues that impact the Philippines and provides inputs for Philippine foreign policy
5. CIRSS Commentaries: regular short publication by the research specialists of FSI which serves as a timely response and brief analysis of latest regional and global developments and issues that impact Philippine foreign policy.
6. Sharing ASEAN: regular publication of the Center for International Relations and Strategic Studies (CIRSS) that contains updates on ASEAN’s progress and provides information on the benefits, contribution, and participation of the Philippines in ASEAN.
7. The FSI Reader: book series containing research works by experts and researchers that extensively discuss bilateral relations of the Philippines and its foreign policy outlook.
6. Coffee table books, speeches of the former Secretaries of Foreign Affairs, and other light reading materials intended for cultural references and for visitors’ information at Philippine foreign service posts.
The FSI e-Book Portal contains the digital copies of the publications of the Foreign Service Institute (FSI).
Currently, only the officers and staff of the Institute and the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), including personnel from Philippine Foreign Service Posts and Consular Offices, who have sought permission from the Institute can access the portal.
Students, researchers, and interested individuals may visit the Carlos P. Romulo Library to access the books and publications of the Institute. The Carlos P. Romulo Library is located at G/F DFA Bldg., 2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City.